Home __________________ Menu_____________________________________

Sunday, September 27, 2009

When the Children Come

When children come in a marriage, it is important to remember that your children will some day grow up and when they leave the house it will only be you and your spouse again. This means that you must keep the relationship between you and your husband healthy. This can be done by making sure you have time alone with the person you love. To spend time with each other doing things that both of you enjoy. It could be going to the movies or going to dinner or simply taking a walk together.

It is important to communicate with each other about how to raise the kids. What should be punishment and what should the kids be allowed to do. Don't discuss this all in front of the kids. They should always believe that you both are on the same page. You are a united front. You'll need this especially when your children reach the teenage years!

Don't give up on your children. Sometimes they will do things that they shouldn't or were told not to but this is normal. It is the job of parents to make sure our kids stay on track, to guide them. They probably don't want to be guided but it is important to continually do this, later we will reap the rewards. My mother always told me that some day my children would rise up and call me blessed like it says in the Bible. I have with my Mother and Father and I can't wait til the day my children do to!

Debbie Krause aka Dr. Mama Love http://www.askdrmamalove.com answering all your questions on relationships,love, marriage and family issues. Ask you questions and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers